Father Quotes

Old as she was, she still missed her daddy sometimes.
Gloria Naylor

Sons are for fathers the twice-told tale.
Victoria Secunda


A man knows when he is growing old because he begins to look like his father.
Gabriel Garcia Marquez


You will find that if you really try to be a father, your child will meet you halfway.
Robert Brault

A father carries pictures where his money used to be.
Unknown


When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.
Jewish Proverb

Any man can be a father.  It takes someone special to be a dad.


Nothing I've ever done has given me more joys and rewards than being a father to my children.
 Bill Cosby
Love and fear.  Everything the father of a family says must inspire one or the other.
Joseph Jouber

A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
Unknown


It is a wise father that knows his own child.
William Shakespeare


I talk and talk and talk, and I haven't taught people in 50 years what my father taught by example in one week.
 Mario Cuomo


One father is more than a hundred Schoolmasters.
George Herbert