Goodbye Quotes

It’s not the goodbye that hurts, but the flashbacks that follow.
Unknown

The song is ended, but the melody lingers on.
- Irving Berlin

We only part to meet again.
Unknown

Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
- Dr. Seuss

You never leave someone behind; you take a part of them with you and leave a part of yourself behind.


It is the end of something simple and the beginning of everything else.
Jennifer Baker

Letting go isn’t what is hard, what it’s leaving behind is.
Unknown

Until this moment, I never understood how hard it was to lose something you never had.
Unknown

It’s sad when people you know become people you knew.

There is a time for departure even when there is no certain place to go.
-Tennessee Williams

People think it is holding on that makes you stronger, but sometimes it’s letting go.

There is a time for departure even when there is no certain place to go.
Tennessee Williams

Be well, do good work, and keep in touch


Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.
Dr. Seuss


It’s all said and done, it’s real, and it’s been fun.
Green Day


There are no good-byes, where ever we are, you’ll always be in my heart.
Unknown

Goodbye was the easiest thing to say to you because I know it means you will never hurt me again.

Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
Khalil Gibran


Every goodbye makes the next hello closer.
Unknown


Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before we can meet again and meeting again, after moments or a lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.
Richard Bach

Everything begins and Ends.. sometimes we just have to accept the facts that it’s the end.
Unknown

Why are the words goodbye, I’m sorry and I love you, so easily pronounced, but so hard to say?
Unknown

When I see your smile, and I know it’s not for me, that’s when I’ll miss you.
Unknown


Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye?