Action Quotes

We should be taught not to wait for inspiration to start a thing.  Action always generates inspiration.  Inspiration seldom generates action.  
Frank Tibolt

If I set for myself a task, be it so trifling, I shall see it through.  How else shall I have confidence in myself to do important things?  
George Clason

Never mistake motion for action.  
Ernest Hemingway

When we commit to action, to actually doing something rather than feeling trapped by events, the stress becomes manageable.  
Greg Anderson


Don't find fault.  Find a remedy.  
Henry Ford

There are so many things that we wish we had done yesterday, so few that we feel like doing today.  Mignon McLaughlin

In skating over thin ice, our safety is in our speed. 
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The great composer does not set to work because he is inspired, but becomes inspired because he is working.  Beethoven, Wagner, Bach and Mozart settled down day after day to the job in hand with as much regularity as an accountant settles down each day to his figures.  They didn't waste time waiting for inspiration.  
Ernest Newman

As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say.  I just watch what they do.  
Andrew Carnegie

When deeds speak, words are nothing.  
African Proverb

One's action ought to come out of an achieved stillness:  not to be a mere rushing on.
D.H. Lawrence

Doing things is not the same as getting things done.
Jared Silver